Daniel Platzman joined the band Imagine Dragons in 2011 alongside bandmates Dan Reynolds, Wayne Sermon, and Ben McKee, quickly making a name for himself as a world-renowned percussionist. After hitmaking producer Alex Da Kid signed them to KIDinaKORNER/Interscope, the band made their major-label debut with Continued Silence, a 2012 EP featuring the double-platinum breakthrough single “It’s Time.”
Upon the arrival of the band’s full-length debut Night Visions in late 2012, Imagine Dragons found themselves on a rapid escalation on the charts, landing at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 and selling more than five million copies worldwide.
Night Visions (2012)
- No. 2 on the Billboard 200 and selling more than five million copies worldwide.
- Night Visions’ diamond-selling single “Radioactive” hit No. 1 on the Billboard Rock chart and won Best Rock Performance at the 2014 Grammy Awards.
Smoke + Mirrors (2015)
- No. 1 debut on the Billboard 200
- Nominated for a Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Album
- Three No. 1 Alternative radio hits: “Believer,” which topped the Alternative radio chart for 12 weeks and also climbed to No. 3 at Top 40 radio; “Thunder,” which hit No. 1 at Top 40 and scored a Best Pop Duo/Group Performance Grammy nomination; and “Whatever It Takes,” which was Top 5 at Top 40 radio.
Click below to learn more about Platz’ work as a composer and producer.
Imagine Dragons: Night Visions (2012) Album Sampler
Imagine Dragons: Friction (2015 – Live in Toronto)
Imagine Dragons: Whatever It Takes (2023 – Live in Vegas)